Updated: Jul 21, 2021
When going through infertility treatments or adjusting to the diagnosis,your emotions really take a hit. Your heart is aching! Sometimes it feels like the day of healing is a million miles away. The difficult times you encounter down this infertility road can take a while to be purged from your system.
It's definitely healthy to experience a range of emotions. However, it's unwise to have the negative ones consume your existence. You're better off working towards healing the hurt. That way, you can start to experience joy and happiness again. That's what life coaching through infertility is all about!
Emotional healing is possible if you work at repairing the source of the hurt. That may mean making some tough decisions. That certainly means we have to wrap our brains around making new routes to get to happy and peace again. Below are some tips in the meantime until we can work together!
1. Remove negative influences from your life. Sometimes these negative influences are people, sometimes it's social media. But your emotional health is more important that maintaining those relationships or that instagram/facebook follower or friends list.
* Are any of your friends guilty of adding fuel to the fire? Can you identify times when they've encouraged you to avoid forgiving someone who offended you? Do they not understand the struggle that you are going through? Sometimes our friends don't know our struggles because we are silent. Sometimes our friends don't know our struggles because they don't think past their own situations. Perhaps a conversation is necessary.
2. Accept responsibility for your thoughts. It's pretty hard to look in the mirror, right? Deep down, you know your thoughts resulted in the feelings you feel. It can be incredibly difficult to accept the part you play in your own hurt. Life coaching can help you with that!
* Be courageous enough to accept responsibility for your thoughts, feelings, and actions.
* In the same breath, be willing to forgive yourself so you can move on to better days ahead.
3. Live according to God's compass. He gave us a set of morals to live by. And while you know they exist, you may sometimes avoid them when making decisions. Abandoning morals is the easiest way to make missteps in life.
* Go back to your roots. Take a hard look at what really matters to you. Start to embrace those morals one by one.
4. Commit to daily renewal. The road to emotional healing is long and winding. It's something that usually takes quite a bit of time to achieve. But it can be done! All you need to do is re-commit to the cause every morning when you wake up.
* Daily renewal is the best way to turn your healing into habit. When you go for days without that renewal, it's easy to slip back into the heartache. Be fair to yourself. Remember you deserve the healing.
* At the end of each positive day, celebrate your progress. Congratulate yourself for completing one more day of healing and positive living. You'll find you rest more soundly at night. If it hasn't been a positive day, go back and look at the thoughts and the feelings that come up as you retrace your steps for the day.
Achieving emotional healing isn't an automatic process. It takes time and a lot of attention. Now is the time to really take care of yourself. Focus on what you need and block out the noise around you. Use these tips to help you on your healing journey.